• Willkommen im Coasterfriends Forum!

2018 Neuheit: Sky Voyager (i-Ride, Brogent Technologies) @ Dreamworld - Australien

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die geschwungene Paneelfassade nimmt Formen an:
20181214_101728.jpg
20181215_124942.jpg
20181215_150454.jpg
20181215_124923.jpg

Bis auf den eigentlichen Eingangsbereich sieht die Fassade ziemlich fertig aus :)
20181214_101551.jpg

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die Montage der Paneele ist so gut wie abgeschlossen:
20181217_122553.jpg
20181217_122650.jpg

Ein paar wenige werden noch abgesägt und erhalten ihr geschwungenes Ende:
20181217_122738.jpg

Unter der blauen Plane befindet sich wohl das Logo der Attraktion:
20181217_122806.jpg

Über den Stahlbauportalen wird gerade eine Dachplane gespannt:
20181218_131536.jpg
20181218_131905.jpg

Die Fassade wird denke ich in spätestens einer Woche komplett fertig sein :)

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die Bauzäune wurden durch kleinere Absperrzäune und Pylone mit Seilen ersetzt!

Video von heute Mittag:

An der Fassade werden Bilder die Impressionen der Fahrt zeigen aufgehängt:
3DD625BA-5538-4E2A-9B99-3A363D35C569.thumb.jpeg
20181224_123137.thumb.jpg
20181224_123735.thumb.jpg
1545619613734-253828360.thumb.jpg

Die ersten Werbebanner für die neue Attraktion wurden entlang der Autobahn gesichtet :)
4A0C53BA-29A6-40C2-88A1-487DB60A7096.thumb.jpeg

Dieses Video hat der Park letzten Freitag veröffentlicht:
Link für Mobilgeräte

Das deutet alles auf eine baldige Eröffnung hin :)

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Das Logo am Gebäude wurde enthüllt:
20181228_132738.jpg

Dazu noch ein Vorher-Nachher-Bild:
comparison-1.jpg

Sowie ein Vorher-Nachher-Bild mit Vergleich zum Artwork:
comparison-2.jpg
Das Gebäude sah auf dem Artwork viel moderner/stylischer aus... :rolleyes:

In den nächsten Tagen soll ein Preopening starten. Ein paar User des australischen Forums Parkz haben die Attraktion schon getestet :)

dylan_oregan @ parkz.com.au schrieb:
Wow, what can I say Dreamworld has done a great job with Sky Voyager. I had a chance to ride it tonight due to a work function a pov will be coming soon. Downstairs there is a short video of where you are about to travel to etc. Once you head upstairs it is themed like an airport with planes, run way strip flooring etc. You will then wait for an attendant to lead your way into the gondalas. Once the film starts you take off from the Gold Coast airport which I think is great. It then leads to Brisbane showing Brisbane Wheel, South Bank etc, Melbourne, ayers rocks, perth, Cairns , Sydney etc. It then ends back in Dreamworld which I was exactly hoping for as this is a great Soarin Over California feature of the ride.
When going over water mist is present which is great.
When taking off fog is present as well. So Dreamworld haven't overlooked these elements at all.

Quelle

Colorado-Fan

Airtime König
Man hätte überall diese Glasscheiben anbringen sollen, dann würde es besser aussehen. So sieht es irgendwie eher wie eine moderne Wellblechhalle aus. Außerdem finde ich es schade, dass man so ein futuristisches Gebäude direkt neben die Mainstreet Gebäude packt. Da hätte man mit Sicherheit eine bessere Lösung für finden können.

doCoaster

CF Team Redaktion
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Wir sind heute vor Ort und der Ride ist nach wie vor geschlossen. Sieht von außen komplett fertig aus und es gibt auch keine sichtbaren Arbeiten mehr.

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die Attraktion ist anscheinend betriebsbereit, es scheitert aber an den strengen neuen Sicherheitsbestimmungen für Freizeitparks, ausgelöst durch den Raftingunfall...
DREAMWORLD staff have taken their first rides on the long-awaited Sky Voyager as the world-class gondola sits ready to launch for paying guests — although when that will happen is up in the air.

The ride is yet to be granted registration from the State Government, whose tough new laws on amusement park rides came into effect this week.

While Sky Voyager is fully operational, the park is still working on the internal training, testing and procedures required to commission it.

CEO John Osborne said the park was working with the regulator to have Sky Voyager registered, but would ensure the process was not rushed.

“I suppose in the eyes of our guests and people watching from the outside, it has been delayed,” he said.
“I think the expectation that it could open around Christmas was a bit ambitious.

“Clearly we’re making sure, as we always would, that every i is dotted and every t is crossed, so we’re going to the absolute nth degree to make sure that all of the training, commissioning and work required to open the ride is a new benchmark for the industry.”

A spokesman for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland said it received a design registration application for a new ride from Dreamworld on November 7 last year.

The department said it was awaiting additional safety information, including a compliance check of components used in the ride, before it would issue the registration.
Mr Osborne has himself, as part of the commissioning process, ridden Sky Voyager so many times he’s lost count – and is certain it will be a turning point for Dreamworld.

“When you’re sitting on it, you feel as though you’re flying. It’s meant to be skydivers diving out of a plane and you go from landscape to landscape and lots of little thrills happen while you’re doing that,” he said.

“It stops with a really spectacular finale which I’ll have to let everybody see when they get there.
“When I’ve been on it, I literally forget about what’s going on in the rest of my day and for me that’s actually unusual from a personality point of view and with what I’m doing these days.”
Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Dieses Video zur Attraktion hat der Park auf seinem Youtubechannel veröffentlicht:

Oben